Five Points of “The Fist”
- Communication – I’m going to tell you the truth if you’re doing something bad, if you’re doing something mediocre, or if you’re doing something great.
- Trust – When we tell each other the truth and talk to each other face-to face, trust is going to develop. It’s amazing. How many of you really trust someone? Some of you may not trust anybody. But if you’re part of something that’s bigger than you, something that you identify with, something you throw yourself into, then you will be more apt to be able to trust the people in that room. And that’s what we’re trying to build. A team where we trust one another; where we have confidence in one another.
- Collective Responsibility – We win and lose together. This is OUR game. This is OUR court. A fist embraces plural pronouns.
- Caring – We care for one another! If something happens, we’re there for each other, all of the time. ALL OF THE TIME!
- PRIDE – If we do all of these things over and over, we develop the pride of being in that fist-whether, it’s a team fist, a church fist, a family fist, a business fist, etc…
Seattle Pride emphasizes five words for our teams: Communication, trust, collective responsibility, caring and pride. When they put their fists together, each member of the team is using this combination of words as a symbol to show their unity as a team.